The Rockville Community Coalition believes that for Rockville to thrive, it is vital that our residents and the business community be engaged in and actively participate in resolving the issues facing our community. Rockville's diversity enriches us, but to sustain Rockville as the best place in the Greater DC Region to live and work, to raise and educate our kids, and to enjoy a rich and fulfilling life,we must elicit the vision of all stakeholders.
- We will encourage greater civic participation by all members of our community by voting, serving on Commissions and Boards, and by running as candidates for Mayor and Council.
- We will promote greater cross-cultural exchanges that celebrate the richness of Rockville's cultural diversity. If you are white, Asian, Hispanic, African American, European, Jewish, Muslim, or any other heritage, we invite you to be part of our group and for you to share your heritage with the whole community.
- We will provide factual information and objective analyses to supplement staff analyses and to serve as the basis for decisions by the public and by the Mayor and Council.
- We will stimulate public discussion of the significant issues facing our city by sponsoring forums where a wide range of views can be presented and debated.
- We will press for a discourse on the City's tax base and need for a comprehensive financial plan geared toward the long-term financial stability of the City.
- We will advocate for effective, efficient, and responsible City policies and resource allocation decisions that represent the public interest.
- We will encourage Mayor and Council to cultivate strong partnerships with officials of the Federal, State, and County governments, the Montgomery County School Board, and Montgomery College.
- We will promote understanding of our City Manager form of government, cooperation between the Mayor and Council and City staff, and respect for City employees.
If you agree with our mission and goals, and you want to help make Rockville the best place to live, please consider coming to our monthly meetings.